Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Legend (hyaluronate sodium) from Boehringer Ingelheim is a sterile injectable solution used to treat inflammation in your horse’s joint lining. Legend is pure hyaluronic acid, similar to the hyaluronic acid present in natural joint fluid. Legend is used to treat joint dysfunction of the fetlock in horses due to non-infectious synovitis associated with equine osteoarthritis.
- Assists in the treatment of joint dysfunction in horses
- Helps reduce the inflammation of the lining within the joint capsule
- Injectable form to be utilized quickly in the horse’s body
- Requires a prescription from your veterinarian
- Can see results after one injection, but up to three treatments may be given, usually one week apart
- A typical dose would be 4mL intravenously every week for up to three treatments
- Clean injection site thoroughly before injecting
- If you have trouble injecting Legend, consult your veterinarian
- Be very careful when administering Legend – all injections must be sterile
- Potential side effects include lethargy, fever, and occasional depression
- As with all medication, unknown side effects are possible. Report any adverse reactions to your veterinarian immediately
There are no reviews yet.