$25.00 / 0.00063 Ƀ
- A potent neuroleptic agent with a low order of toxicity
- Particular value in the tranquilization of dogs, cats and horses
- Rapid action and lack of hypnotic effect are added advantages
Dogs and Cats:
- Can be used as an aid in controlling intractable animals during examination, treatment, grooming, x-ray and minor surgical procedures
- To alleviate itching as a result of skin irritation
- As an antiemetic to control vomiting associated with motion sickness.
- Particularly useful as a preanesthetic agent
- to enhance and prolong the effects of barbiturates, thus reducing the requirements for general anesthesia
- as an adjunct to surgery under local anesthesia.
Acepromazine Injectable Horses:
- Can be used as an aid in controlling fractious animals during examination, treatment, loading and transportation.
- Particularly useful when used in conjunction with local anesthesia for firing, castration, neurectomy, removal of skin tumors, ocular surgery and applying casts.
Acepromazine Injectable Administration and Dosage: The dosage should be individualized, depending upon the degree of tranquilization required. As a general rule, the dosage requirement in mg/lb of body weight decreases as the weight of the animal increases.
Acepromazine Maleate Injection may be given intravenously, intramuscularly or subcutaneously. The following schedule may be used as a guide to IV, IM or SC injections:
Dogs: 0.25-0.5 mg/lb of body weight.
Cats: 0.5-1 mg/lb of body weight.
Horses: 2-4 mg/100 lb of body weight.